End-run around Citrix restrictions (1 Viewer)

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 13:30
Our organisation runs access 2000 on a citrix server farm...essentially, the computer you use is just a screencapture of access running on a remote machine. Now, in the interests of saving bandwidth the IT department has turned off all audio functions on the citrix server farm preventing me using the beep method or using access itself to play a wav file.

Now, I have a db that I would like to have sound a 'beep' or 'wav file' to alert a data entry operator when they've entered a questionable value (they probably are reading the data sheets rather than looking at the monitor as they enter the long lists of numbers).

I would still like to find a way to achieve the audio alert (I have a visual alert that loops until the operator clicks on yes or no, rather than cancel but they could have entered 50 numbers without looking to that point and it would be time consuming to work backwards to find which number they screwed up on). My thought is to call a function that would open windows media player on the operator's machine and play the 'chord.wav' file using that program. So Access would be running on one computer (C:), but the mediaplayer software would be running on the operators machine (V:) and play the chord.wav file located on (V:).

Haven't had much luck searching on this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom