report summary (1 Viewer)

jerry28ph

jerry
Local time
Yesterday, 21:21
Hi All,

I did 4 different itemized report with subtotal on each page, I would like to ask anyone from you, if there's a way how to make a report to print the summary of subtotals of each report. Say for instance, I want to create a report that will display only the 4 subtotals.

Ex:

Subtotal of Internal Calls: 102
Subtotal of External Calls: 52
Subtotal of CCEC Calls: 100
Subtotal of Outgoing Calls: 52

Or is it possible in Access to make a report that will display or print only the Subtotals of each report, well I know we need to run the itemized report in order for us to run the subtotals.
Please help me.

Thank you so much for all your help guys, you're really the best.

Regards,
Jerry

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:21
Do you mean you want a standalone summary report? Or are your four reports actually sub-reports and you want another summary at the bottom of the main report?

If you just want a standalone report then you could just use a DSUM for each value. But a better (more efficient) solution would be to build a query that gives you that summary then just report it.

If you are wanting to pull the summary from sub-reports then you just need to reference the text boxes in the sub-report.

Hope that helps.

Chris

I re-read and I figure you just want a standalone report.

jerry28ph

jerry
Local time
Yesterday, 21:21
Hi Stopher,

You're right, I need to summarize the total from sub-reports then put it in another summary report. How can I reference the text boxes in the sub-report?

Thank you so much for your help.

Jerry

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:21
Hi Stopher,

You're right, I need to summarize the total from sub-reports then put it in another summary report. How can I reference the text boxes in the sub-report?

Thank you so much for your help.

Jerry
Lets just be sure about this. You are going to create a report with 4 subreports then at the end a summary section i.e. you will have one final report? So add your subreports to your main report as normal and the then in the main report for each box you want to look up just add a text box and add the row source something like this:
=Reports!myMainReport!mySubReportName.Report!mySubTotalTextBoxName

If you are trying to create and entirely separate summary report, then this will not be able to grab values from other reports unless they are open. Thus you'd need to refer to my first suggestion (DSUM or a query)

hth
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom