Users Logged In (1 Viewer)

XMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:07
Having searched high and low and spent many hours googling I still can't find an elegant solution to the age old, 'how do you tell who is logged in to the database'.

The best I can find is the ShowUsers Module Microsoft Solution, which isn't very elegant. What I want is for a list of logged in users to appear/get added to a from or even added to my 'main form' as and when they log in and to disappear when they log out, so I can quickly and easily see who is logged in and who is not.

Does anyone have or know of a neat solution that will add logged in users to a form that can be be displayed as a part of the database?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 21:07
If you can tolerate some possibility of an error:
If you use a hidden start up form you can easily run code when your project starts and when it shuts down. There are also various ways you might identify a user or computer in a windows environment. Given these two realities, you can easily and automatically add or update a record in the back-end when a particular user open or closes your front-end.
This approach will never yield a false negative, that is, a user can never be using your front-end and not be logged in, however if a user's front-end crashes they will not be logged out which yields the possibility of a false positive: user is not logged in but is reported as being so.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
He is a demo of what you require

Demo

David

XMan

Registered User.
Local time
Hi David

Many thanks, had looked at this for 2003 but struggling to get this working with 2007 - the buttons don't seem to work, i.e. click the browse button and nothing happens - do you have a version that works with .accdb files?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Sorry no I don't. Have yet to fully migrate to 2007, waiting for a even keel to appear.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom