Linked Tables and dependencies (1 Viewer)

dirkpitt

Local time
Yesterday, 21:31
Hi Guys,

I searched with my best friend Google on the entire web and could not find any correct answer to my question:

why MS Access 2007 does not allow to get object dependencies for Linked Tables.

Here is my pb:
I have a db that have more or less 100 linked tables and more or less 200 queries.
I did not build this db. The guy that did left the company.

I inheritate of this and need to undertsand how this db works in order to put some securities on this db.

I can see dependencies of native access tables but nothing concerning all the linked tables.

If I open the design view of queries, I can see that they use some linked tables. There is 200+ queries. So defining which linked table is used where is a nightmare.

Do you have any idea on how to see those dependencies ?

Thank you in advance,

Dirkpitt

dirkpitt

Local time
Yesterday, 21:31
thank you for your help

I'll look at it deeper. Seems that it will help.

Dirk

Avon4026

Local time
Yesterday, 23:31
I just upgraded from Access 2003 to 2007. And indeed it appears as if you cant get object dependencies on ODBC linked tables. On a local table the Database Tools option "Object Dependencies" is available, but it greys out and is not available on a linked table. I could find nothing on this "feature" or how to overcome it. So I started playing around and found a work around (annoying as that is). So here it is:
1) click on a local table and then click on "Object Dependencies" under Database Tools. This will bring up the Object Dependencies pane.
2) Scroll in your list of tables to the linked table you want dependencies on and click on it.
3) In the Object Dependencies pane - click the refresh link. You should now see your linked table as the named table in the pane and any dependencies you are looking for.

Hoakey I know- but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom