How to caculated a semester end date (1 Viewer)

madabang

Local time
Today, 16:09
I have been struggling with this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated

My knowledge of data bases is fairly average as I am only self taught

I have constructed a data base in Access 2007 using tables, queries and forms to link students, tutors and courses.

I have managed to stumble through and have got everthing working fine except one thing.

What I am trying to achive is that when I register a student to a tutor I would like to put in a commencement date and generate a completion date.

My problem is that tutoring only lasts for one semester and finishes on a certain date

Eg 1 stundent can join the tutor anytime in semester 1 but that contract will end on the 30th June (that year)
Eg 2 stundent can join the tutor anytime in semester 2 but that contract will end on the 30th December (that year)

What I am trying to achieve is that when I put in a date commencement date in a form it will autmatically generate a completion date in te same form

Eg1 Commencement date : 13/03/09
Completion Date: 30/06/09

Eg2 Commencement date : 08/10/09
Completion Date: 31/12/09

I don't know if this is possible but it would greatly help with the reports I am trying to make as this is the only hurdle that I am facing

Thankyou so much for any help

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:09
Fairly simple from the looks of it. Various ways to achieve it, but in essence if the month of the first date is less than 7 then the second date is the June date, else it's the December date. You can use an IIf() function along with the DateSerial(), Month() and Year() functions.

madabang

Local time
Today, 16:09
Thankyou for that
I have had a look at the date functions and that's how to do it

Simple answers are usually staring you in the face

Thanks again for your help

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:09
No problem, and welcome to the site by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom