Import Excel workbook into Access table using Excel's format (formulas, values, etc) (1 Viewer)

captdkl02

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
All,

Is there a way to import an Excel workbook into Access keeping the various worksheets formatting such as Excel sheet's formulas, value, formats, comments, etc.? From google search so far, I can not find such a capability. I am able to import only the data from Excel workbooks into Access table, but loosing all the Excel workbook's formatting associated with the sheet.

Thank you.

David​

Bilbo_Baggins_Esq

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:37
The short answer is no.

Access Tables hold values and values only.
The values can have certain value type formats applied to the columns, but not the formats to which I beleive you are referring.

To apply something similar to Excel's formulas in Access, you would need to have the source values in Access tables or linked from some external source and then write a query which performs the functionality of the desired formulas. Even then, the formulas or calculations would be applied uniformly for an entire column. YOu can get somewhat complex with burdensome and somewhat problematic IIF statements in your queries colulmns to detect some different scenarios (if your excel sheet has different formulas applied within the same column).

You could, once you have your tables or queries consturcted in Access, create a Report based on the table(s) or queries which gives you some trivial abilty to format, but still, not like I suspect you are using in Excel.

Basically, Excel and Access are very different.

If you need to use Access for data and Excel for formatting, you can link Excel to tables in Access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom