Send Mail via VBA outlook 2010 (1 Viewer)

SteveE

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:45
:eek::eek:Hoping for some good advise
I have several DBs (Ak2000 .mde) running on many PCs using the Runtime2000, these have worked 100% until the recent roll out / introduction
of Office 2010 / Win7 (None with Access 2010 application as part of Office).
We have many pc running o/s from win 2000 up to win7 with office 2000-2007 which still work fine.

I have overcome the Excel issues I am having by converting all VBA to Late binding for all my XL processes, and again Outlook late binding.
My problem is that I am still having mail creation issues. "failed creation active x" on the Outlook 2010 PCs.

I cannot get the Office 2010 PCs to Send Mail via vba from within access 2000 OR Access 2007 OR even Excel 2010 vba., even simple DoCmd.send object fails.

I have spent hours trawling the net for advise and cannot resolve, I see many reported issues on the "failed creation active x" problem which
points to DAO re-register which I have done many times, as administrator etc. I see references to DAO no longer supported in Access 2010 but
NONE of the Office Packages have Access 2010 installed.
I have used many of the sample codes for creation of outlook mails supplied in this and other forums but still get the same issues.
Doesn’t matter if I use early or late bind, referencing Outlook 14, check outlook is open etc. ( Normal Email from these PCs is fine no outlook issues)
I have even created a simple DB with just the mail function which works on all the other PCs but again fails on the 2010

Any help appreciated?

'Late Bind

Function sendEmailOutlook()

Dim objOutlook As Object 'Outlook.Application
Dim objOutlookMsg As Object 'Outlook.MailItem

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With objOutlookMsg
.Subject = "This is an automatic confirmation"
.Body = "Email confirmation"
.Importance = olImportanceHigh
.Display
End With

Set objOutlookMsg = Nothing
Set objOutlook = Nothing

End Function

Attachments

• TestMail.mdb
    236 KB · Views: 174