Sorting Combo Box lookup in a Form (1 Viewer)

scottblk

Local time
Today, 12:04
I'm a total novice at Access. I have created a Form to create a record and I would like to have various dropdown Combo Box lookups (text) sorted in ascending alphabetical order. These Combo Box lookups are being pulled from other Tables.

If anyone can point me to the excact location of where I can accomplish this it would be greatly appreciated. If code needs to be added please advise because I'm an accountant, not programmer! Thx!

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:04
Hello Scott.. What is your Row Source? Is it a Table/Query, if so you can change the Query Sort Order on the field that you wish to..

scottblk

Local time
It is a Table/Query, the bound column is "Field 2" for example (Field 1 is the Primary ID). The Table is sorted by Field 2, but when the Form lookup is sorting by Field 1 when you hit the dropdown in the Form.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:04
It does not matter how the table is Sorted.. The Query obtains the data and places it in the ComboBox.. So follow the instructions in the image..

Attachments

• QueryBuild.png
    QueryBuild.png
    13 KB · Views: 4,724

scottblk

Local time
Thanks all. You really have to pay attention to the bound columns, column counts and column widths when you change from selecting from a Table to selecting from a Query. Got it to work. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom