Move records to next (1 Viewer)

syedadnan

Access Lover
Local time
Today, 23:38
Regards

Looking to know that i have a reord of students for a year and now i i like to know how automatically i can move all students to next class after completion of year e.g. if student A is currently in class V and now i like him to be shown in class VI after year completes and this to be done automatically. :banghead::banghead:

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:38
How do you currently record student A is in class V?

If you store the current class in a column in the students table, use an Update query.

syedadnan

Access Lover
Local time
Today, 23:38
Thanks for the immediate reply

Yes having column for class but tell me one thing that students will be promoted to next class means those who r in class V will go in VI, those who are in VI will be in VII and same as on then how it will work or the idea to create update query to update student from current to nex in on go click

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:38
As you know, PCs do not use Roman numerals and it would have been so much better had you used numbers because the update query could have been to add 1 to the class number.

BTW, do you students ever leave school? That is, there must be an upper limit.

You can use several update queries. One of which would advance those in Class V to VI by setting the appropriate criteria.

I'd be using a single update query based on a VBA function so the query passes the class number to the function and the function uses a case statement to determine the next class.

If you want help with the VBA, post to the Modules forum saying you want to update class from for example V to VI with the upper limit being to replace with "Graduated".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom