Hi! (1 Viewer)

jrmondonedo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:28
Let me begin my introduction by stating that I'm a total green apple in terms of using Microsoft Access.

My Microsoft Office world consists of only four elements: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; I mustered enough courage (a.k.a. interest) to tinker a little with Access because I needed to create a database for a quite small, local civic organization in the Philippines which I lead as Chairman of the Board of Directors. It is my earnest hope to introduce the modern way and create the transition from our traditional method of doing things characterized as being obsolete, unreliable, decrepit and ancient :banghead:

Last edited:

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 07:28
Good luck dragging them kicking and screaming into the late 20th Century! :p

jrmondonedo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:28
Hi David :) I wasn't kidding when I mentioned in my intro that we're still using record keeping methods from Jurassic Era :eek: Your good luck worked wonders because just this afternoon during an impromptu meeting, the chaps from my organization asked to see how I'm going with my modernization project and they we're quite amazed how a simple system could simplify even a complicated task; I was asked to formally present the db on the scheduled Board meeting on the 12th of January :D

I'm quite sure I would've been discouraged weeks ago from continuing on with this project if not for the things I learned along the way from resource persons in this portal.

I hope I could consult you should I encounter further mental road blocks...

Best regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom