User Credentials (1 Viewer)

GendoPose

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:04
Hi All,

In my database, I have a login form which users enter their credentials into and then can access certain forms based on their department and access level. The problem I have is that the credentials are coded into the front end using VBA on the OnClick event of the buttons to open the forms. This means that if I ever need to change certain things for a specific user, I would have to roll out a new update just for that.

My question is, is there any way to create a table that I can add users to to allow them to open a certain form?

Would I have to have a table for each form or is there a way to put all of this information in one table?

Thanks

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
You should have had this set up to begin with. Each user will have a AccessLevel information, it could be something as simple as User Level - 1, User Level - 2, Manager, Admin. Then based on the class they would have specific form access.

GendoPose

Registered User.
Local time
You should have had this set up to begin with. Each user will have a AccessLevel information, it could be something as simple as User Level - 1, User Level - 2, Manager, Admin. Then based on the class they would have specific form access.

I already have that, but what I mean is, is there anyway I can create a table with the users in and what forms they can view and get the front end to look at that and then determine whether to allow the user in, rather than putting code on the button itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom