ApplyFilter to subform (1 Viewer)

ikzouhetnietweten

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:19
I have put a toggle filter button on top of each field. (Form ' Mut' )
When I click the button, nothing happens (probably because there's no code) How do I make it pop up the selection of that particular field so I can select whatever I want of that field? (like in Excel)
I remember in 2010 I could choose a field and thats it but now I have 2013 and it's not showing that in the wizard or maybe I'm wrong.
I put 2 different kinds of buttons because I dont know which one to pick but thats the idea.

Attachments

• access.accdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 233

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:19
I've done a YouTube video to answer part of your question; in that you seem to be having difficulty finding particular functionality when filtering records on your form. Have a look at the YouTube video here:-

Last edited:

ikzouhetnietweten

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much for making a video, I learnt a lot!
I got it working by putting some VBA as I wanted a multi selection box. (try clicking on the button in the attached file) but the second one doesnt seem to work, so I put that question under the VBA section. Thanks!

Attachments

• access2.accdb
    640 KB · Views: 271

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've done another YouTube video here;- Filtering - MS Access - Display the Filter Menu explaining the problem. It looks like you successfully completed the code for the first button and then made a copy of the code, just changing the name of the procedure to match the other button you want to call it from. However the button onclick event isn't calling the procedure, it still set to call a macro. Just change it to call the procedure and it works. For more information see the video.

ikzouhetnietweten

Registered User.
Local time
Ooh yes you are right, thanks so much! It was set to Embedded Macro probably because I copied the button or something.. +rep for you.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I appreciate that very much! Thank You....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom