Bar code scanner input to specific fields (1 Viewer)

CanadianROCK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:48
Hello Friends

I have a Honeywell Eclipse model MS5145 bar code scanner working with Access Using it to scan client's ID's with bar codes I print and stick onto a ID card works great .. So I have the bar code scanner working with MS Access

What I would like to achieve is, Scan a bar code and have it populate a specified field

Example

Red bubble gum Large, bardcode 1234560
Green bubble gum Large Barcode 1234561

Just want scan to populate a field titled Large Gum each time I scan any large bubble gum regardless of color, while on same record it will keep adding 1 each scan "hope this makes sense"

I have no issue reading and learning with a little help from my friends

Problem is I can't wrap me head around how to even start with this

I have done a fair amount of reading on the subject Hasn't got me to far

A point in right direction or how to even structure this would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:48
There have been many posts re Access and bar code scanner. I do not have personal experience, but I found this article via google.
This one from the forum.
Just use Google and/or Youtube to get some samples.
Your bar code scanner instructions/operations must give you some info since you have it working.

Good luck.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Just want scan to populate a field titled Large Gum each time I scan any large bubble gum regardless of color, while on same record it will keep adding 1 each scan "hope this makes sense"

Populated the Large Gum field with what? The scanned code? What determines if the scanned code identifies a stick belonging to the class of Large Gum? Is it part of the code or do you have an existing table that relates the scan codes to gum size?

CanadianROCK

Registered User.
Local time
Populated the Large Gum field with what? each time scanned in current record +1 scan item twice field now shows 2 large gum

What determines if the scanned code identifies a stick belonging to the class of Large Gum? I have a query that does that

Is it part of the code or do you have an existing table that relates the scan codes to gum size? I have a table that relates to gum size

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom