email notifications have stopped (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 06:30
@HiTechCoach
I would recommend you don't change your email.

When I tried to change my email, I didn't receive the confirmation email so was locked out for several days

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok guys, I just got an email from someone about this issue. Will look into it. Its probably some change my host did.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks in advance.
If possible could you PM me when its fixed....

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 00:30
Ok guys, I just got an email from someone about this issue. Will look into it. Its probably some change my host did.

From what I can determine the emails are flagged as spam by devices, like baracuda, which block them

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@ridders, I checked something and the number of email notifications per hour limit was exceeded. Let me know if you get a notification of this reply.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@ridders, I checked something and the number of email notifications per hour limit was exceeded. Let me know if you get a notification of this reply.

Unfortunately its a no

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Jon - don't forget me! I have the same problem

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:30
I'm still not receiving any notifications too.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Just in case its relevant, my notifications stopped around 7th/8th May - similar to @HiTechCoach

Perhaps other affected users could check & see whether that was the cut-off date for them as well

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
my last notification was 8th May @19:00

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 00:30
I am still not getting any notification. My last one is about the same time as CJ_London.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 01:30
Looks like something changed at about that date for some people. As I've stated, my gmail still gets the notification emails. Has anyone tried to change their emails to a gmail to see if it works there just as a test?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Looks like something changed at about that date for some people. As I've stated, my gmail still gets the notification emails. Has anyone tried to change their emails to a gmail to see if it works there just as a test?

Change completed, let's see if this works. For the record, I am in the same boat as everyone else. I stopped getting them around the same time I installed Tapatalk - which interestingly enough, alerts me via email as well as my mobile device.

Vassago

Local time
Change completed, let's see if this works. For the record, I am in the same boat as everyone else. I stopped getting them around the same time I installed Tapatalk - which interestingly enough, alerts me via email as well as my mobile device.

Interesting. Are you getting the tapatalk notifications?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
And ther ya have it - I just received an Email notification that Rx posted in a poll I am subscribed to. Looks like the code has been cracked. Question now is why...?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
And I've just had 8 notifications all about posts on this thread ... and I haven't changed my email

As the saying goes. "you wait ages for a notification and then loads come along all at once"

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
ridders... What the Devil ... You are on 666 posts!!!

Vassago

Local time
And I've just had 8 notifications all about posts on this thread ... and I haven't changed my email

As the saying goes. "you wait ages for a notification and then loads come along all at once"

So you're fixed then? Maybe Jon tweaked something just by chance when Nautical changed his email.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Nah, let's go with the whole Deal with the Devil/666 bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom