Populate all fields on a form based on a search string (1 Viewer)

digital

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:20
Since my form has more than 100 fields, when a user fills in all of them
for each product (the first time they create a product), I want to make it easier for them - for the next time.

I want to be able to let them type in a unique product code, which would be used to find a record with that code, and fill in all the form fields. There will be many records with same code, but the only value that changes is DATE and AMMOUNT. So, any record with same product code will do the trick.

Now, all I have to do is... ummm, what?

I guess I should open a new form, find the record requested, and "copy" the data to the main form, and then let user change the date, and that's it. Right?

Any suggestions?
Cheers!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:20
Personally I think 100 fields on a form would indicate your database structure may need attention. What are all these fields? how can a product have 100 fields to describe it?

You can use a ComboBox option3 on the wizard to do what you require.

Col

digital

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:20
ColinEssex said:
Personally I think 100 fields on a form would indicate your database structure may need attention. What are all these fields? how can a product have 100 fields to describe it?

You can use a ComboBox option3 on the wizard to do what you require.

Col

Yes, a product we produce has at least 20x3 fields to describe it.
It's a large assembly, and goes by this:

1. component name/code
2. number of component (above)
2. component2 name/code... and goes on for like 20-30 components.

The DB I'm making is "production warrant" when we get a purchase order.
Anyways, all I need is this:

I want to use the data from a record to populate all these fields, but NOT modify/overwrite the original record? Any chance that this can be done?

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom