Weird field name behavior (1 Viewer)

Cabong

Local time
Yesterday, 20:42
Hi all,

I use to have a field named RDI_ID, later on I decided to change the name to RDI to make things easier.

I have several macros pulling recordsets, but they stopped working, even though I have changed that field name to RDI in the macro as well.

Curiously, they do work when I change it back to the old name, being RDI_ID. I have been looking at that field propriety and it is named RDI. Did I miss a change somewhere?

That table has no relationship whatsoever.

Help plzz.

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Did something like that once myself. Except being suborn I desied to make it work, well three days and a lot of posts and many visits to reference websites and the knowledgebase, I got it working. I learned a lesson, get it right the first time or live with it. I t gets into all kinds of stuff like groupings and into reports and forms and recordsets and just about anything else you can think of, and alot more you won't think of. Make it a hard fast rule, once the tables are done they are done, don't rename anything. hth.

mresann

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:42
Did you check EVERYWHERE? I mean, if your macros are pulling recordsets, that means the query names have to be changed as well!

Another thing you may check is to (temporarily) convert the macro to VBA, then looking at the vBA code to see if you left anything out.

Unless RDI is a global elsewhere in your database, it should not matter what names are used. I am positive you have a glitch in one of the underlying queries if the macro is correct.

Cabong

Local time
Actually it's vba code in an excel sheet, pulling data from an Access table.
I have no reference to a query, I'm running a rst.open sql style connection.

There's no report in the access db, although I have a few queries. How can it work now that I have change the field name in the table?? I really wonder. Perhaps I should delete those Access queries, I don't need them.

Cabong

Local time
Oh God I found my error, it's so stupid I won't say a word.
Forget about it, tx anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom