Currency control won't show dollars (1 Viewer)

davidbodhi

Davidbodhi
Local time
Yesterday, 21:11
I have a form with various controls that reflect dollar amounts.

One of those controls, despite deleting and replacing it, despite deleting the field whose value it displays, despite changing it to 'general number', saving, then changing back, despite comparing its properties with that of numerous normal-behaving controls, refuses to show a dollar sign, nor zero cents values. I've compressed and repaired in between deleting fields and controls, too, to no avail.

Otherwise it is working correctly in that calculations based on it work fine and it shows the number of dollars it's supposed to. Just no dollar sign and refuses to show zero cents...

Can anyone suggest to me what's up with this thing?

Last edited:

Smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:11
Have you set the field on the table to currency

davidbodhi

Davidbodhi
Local time
Yes, the format on both the table field and the form control is set to Currency. That's what I meant (but didn't state explicitly) when I said I'd changed the format to General Number and back. Which I've done to both field and control.

Anyone else have an idea????

Last edited:

Laurentech

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:11
I encountered the same problem recently - here's how I worked around it:

dollars = Format(dollars, "$###,###,##0.00")

'dollars' is a variant to be displayed in the text box.
It will properly format any amount below one billion dollars.
Add more ###, for greater amounts if you need to.

Larry

Last edited:

davidbodhi

Davidbodhi
Local time
Thanks, Larry - Since this text box HAD been working correctly, I decided it had developed some form of internal corruption. I copied and pasted the corresponding box from an older iteration of the developing form and the copied box worked correctly. Then deleted the bad one and continued on my merry way. It's becoming clear to me that old, useless code easily gets buried in Access and is hard to root out. I've subsequently fixed several other problems by doing basically the same thing: copying one that worked from an older version of the form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom