Solved 2 reports on 1 page (1 Viewer)

crawfordfr

Local time
Yesterday, 18:07
I am not sure the heder is correct but basically I am cycling through a recodset and doing tons of calculation. At the end of the day I am printing an arrears report for every client id in the recordset that has either principal or interest arrears.

the report is about half of a landscaped Letter size paper. I am trying to figure out how, if possible I can fit 2 reports per page kinda like what I have below!

Left is 1 client Right is another. And it will continue on as many pages as required. i hope I explained my need well!

1683838037065.png

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 19:07
You should use your existing report as a subreport on a main report that is a 2 column report:

What you would do is create a datasource for every client you want to report on--some sort of query or table that lists the unique clients. You would then base your main report (the one you will make 2 columns on it). Then to that report you would add your existing report as a subreport linking them child/parent via your unique client field. Next you make your main report 2 columns giving each colum half the width of the page.

But first you need to explain how the data gets on the report you have because it sounds inefficient. Ideally that data would come from a query not ' cycling through a recodset and doing tons of calculation'. You should aim to get all the calculations into a query (even if you need to use sub-queries in that query) so you can base your report on it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:07
Here is a link that comes close.

Look up topic "multi-column report" and "multiple column report" both in this forum and on the web. (On the web, include "access" as part of the search.)

crawfordfr

Local time
Yesterday, 18:07
Awesome WOW that was easy BOTH answers pointed me to EXACTLY where I needed to be. Just by simply setting the colums to 2 it printed 2 reports to a page.
  • Choose File » Page Setup and select the Columns page
I should have joined this forum long time lol...Thanks again too both of you!

FYI: @plog I did not need to do the subreport thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom