Access Europe - Wed 7 Aug: Using Treeviews with Access Applications (Pete Poppe)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:16
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 7 Aug 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM).

In this session, we are pleased to welcome Pete Poppe who is very well known to Access World Forum members as MajP

In this session, Pete will introduce the Treeview control and demonstrate when it can greatly benefit the display of certain types of data within Access applications. The treeview provides a means to show hierarchical data in a compact but expandable form.

Access does not have a native Treeview control but there is an Active X control and third-party versions.

The presentation will provide basics on working with the treeview and provide a “wrapper” class that makes working with treeviews much simpler.

CoverSlide.png

I hope you will join us on 7th August for this session.

Please also download and import this iCalendar (.ics) file to your calendar application e.g. Outlook.
Doing this will add a recurring event for the first Wed of each month at the correct time for your location/time zone.

For more details about the topic and speaker together with connection details for the meeting, please visit https://isladogs.co.uk/aeu-30/ or https://accessusergroups.org/europe/event/access-europe-2024-08-07/

For local start times, please check https://www.worldtimebuddy.com

The meeting will again be held on Zoom. When the time comes, you can connect using Join Zoom Meeting.
If you are asked, use: Meeting ID: 924 3129 5683 ; Passcode: 661210

Attachments

• 1722686393538.png
    1722686393538.png
    322.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
REMINDER
Access Europe meeting at 18:00 UK time TODAY
For details, see post #1

happily, @MajP was so well spoken that practically no, if any, audio editing required ... some highlighting and zooming would be nice though, Colin @isladogs

LOL. I always have to do a lot of audio editing if only to manage the audio issues due to my poor internet connection.
However, I agree that @MajP has made my editing task much easier than some of our presenters

As always, I'll add zoom & highlights where helpful

Colin, any way to get a list of attendees automatically?

Not that I'm aware of. In fact, I can't even get a list myself. Sometimes I take a screenshot of the Participants list but I usually forget.

Perhaps @GPGeorge knows how it can be done but I know he's rather busy at the moment.

No problem, was just a thought.

Sorry, I don't know a way either. I'm not sure whether Zoom captures that information.
Account Management>Reports>Usage Reports>Active Hosts
You will have a list of meeting participants, including join and leave times. You can then export that list as a CSV.

It's back to when during covid we were using Zoom.
It maybe a little be different during the next versions. Just look where you can find Reports.

Thanks
I'd already looked in Zoom Settings and the reports are only accessible to the host.
The basic report gives the number of participants - 36 at yesterday's meeting
The full report gives the user names & the duration in minutes they were present but no contact details (presumably for privacy reasons)
As stated you can export as CSV, but the information given is of limited use in a public meeting such as Access Europe

The video of the excellent presentation by Pete Poppe (@MajP) to Access Europe last week is now available on YouTube.
It was by far the best explanation of when & how to use treeviews successfully that I've ever seen
Well worth watching if you missed it ...and to watch again for those were present!

Thanks again to Pete

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom