Adding total in report is not showing correct value

emma313823

Local time
Today, 18:28
Hi,

I created a report from a table, so I could just get a quick snapshot of current month work. I was able to filter the month I want and included a total summing off of a check value column. The problem I have is the value showing for the month is not grabbing all the data actually showing in the current month.

I have a safety excel workbook, which I currently use and this is part of a merging of workbooks, so I can move away from duplicate entry. In my excel workbook the grand total for checks received in July is $161,403.19.

1721334832716.png

I've validated that the items not showing up in the report are in fact in my table (tblIncomingCommissions).

1721335233186.png

oddly, not sure if this is contributing to the issue, but this just started happening. When I try to sort the tblIncomingCommissions table - no matter sort by date, by principal, I get this message:

1721335589433.png

and if i look at the tblPrincipal table, I'm now seeing these odd + symbols on every row. when i try to expand one I get this.

1721335662288.png

1721335674596.png

have no clue what expression the message is referring to.

Emma

Those + signs are just showing related records? :(
If your joins are not correct, then that could be your issue, but you say the report source is just a table?
Compare your excel data to your access data and make sure you have the same. I am assuming that your excel formulae are correct?

We gotta see code to help you with this. Specifically, how are you calculating that monthly total? I have 2 guesses without that info though:

1. You say you are filtering your data--are you filtering both the total and the records on the report? Or just one of those?

2. Are the records of your report in the Details section or are they in a group header/footer? If in a group header/footer a report will 'merge' records so that only 1 shows on the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom