Another big lie (1 Viewer)

jpl458

Local time
Today, 02:32
Here is a video of The Dolt in Chief stating that the US has taken in Billions and billions of dollars from the tariffs he imposed on China. The real number is ZERO, ZIP NADA, not one red cent. The companies that import those products pay the tariffs, then paass that on to the consumer (you). He does not understand how tarrifs work. But he is so smart, I don't understand, unless he failed civics or government in school. Or he never attended the classes.

Word for Word: President Trump on China Tariffs (C-SPAN) (youtube.com)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:32
And yet the uninformed Hitler in disguise is probably about $6.999 billion dollars richer than your entire life's earnings.

These tariffs hit China hard because it raises prices of their goods and so reduces demand. It's not rocket science.

jpl458

Local time
And yet the uninformed Hitler in disguise is probably about $6.999 billion dollars richer than your entire life's earnings.

These tariffs hit China hard because it raises prices of their goods and so reduces demand. It's not rocket science.
The problem is that Trump still believes that China pays the tariffs to the US. That is not true. A tariff raises the price of a comodity that is being imported into, say the US. Companies buy those goods at the inflated price, then pass that inflated price to the consumers. Thus, a $50,000 Chinese electric car with a 100% tarriff would cost the consumer $100,000. But the Donald believes that the Chinese government will pay the tariff to the US government. I have him saying that on a video that I posted.. BTW, if my dad left me 400 million I would be rich too.

That is true. But the problem is Donald does not know how the process works. My question is what else does he not know. Pretty much everything.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 05:32
He wasn't explaining how tariffs work in your linked video. You can project your idea of what he thinks all you want, but that just makes you look like a fool. He was clearly explaining how China is not going to be able to undercut the price of our own goods and services and they have to pay the higher tariff costs. Of course it raises the cost of the foreign goods locally, that's the whole point and he is well aware of it. If the cost of foreign goods goes up to a similar level of the American goods that are similar, then more people will buy the locally produced goods which is very good for our American businesses and workers.

He also understands energy independence, unlike the oil reserve depleting fool we have in the WH now. "Don't underestimate joe's ability to f things up."

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
@jpl458: You miss what Trump was attempting to do with tariffs and inappropriately maligning him. As @Jon pointed out, the intent is to make Chinese products more expensive. The intent of the tariffs (by making Chinese products more expensive) is to encourage manufacturing in the US rather than in China.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Here is a video of The Dolt in Chief stating that the US has taken in Billions and billions of dollars from the tariffs he imposed on China. The real number is ZERO, ZIP NADA, not one red cent. The companies that import those products pay the tariffs, then paass that on to the consumer (you). He does not understand how tarrifs work. But he is so smart, I don't understand, unless he failed civics or government in school. Or he never attended the classes.

Word for Word: President Trump on China Tariffs (C-SPAN) (youtube.com)

The Biden administration has continued and even increased many of the Trump tariffs—drawing some attention as inflation rises

Who's the dolt now?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
@jpl458: You consistently advocate that Trump doesn't know what he is doing. @AccessBlaster appropriately asked you the question, what is Biden's plan? Below is my outline of Biden's plan which is the undermining of the US economy.
And what is Biden's plan?
Biden's plan is to make the US more (economically) dependent on adversarial countries such as China and Venezuela. Biden is also enabling Iran, Hamas, and Hezbollah to conduct terrorist activities. Biden has also gone anti-Israeli, he is undermining the ability of Israel to defend itself.

Biden also supports those involved in human trafficking and child abuse. Biden refuses to follow immigration laws.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The problem is that Trump still believes that China pays the tariffs to the US.
Let me explain how this works.

A tariff is a tax. It is collected when an item is purchased. So, if China can't sell a product at $200 each because the 25% tariff makes the item cost more than the consumer is willing to pay, then China must reduce its selling price to $150 if it wants to maintain the same sales level. THAT is how China "pays". Either they don't sell the product at all or they reduce the price to minimize the impact of the tariff. The upside for the government is the 25% tariff.

Trump is basically for "fair" trade. What that means is - if you put tariffs on our stuff, we'll put tariffs on your stuff.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:32
Billionaire, best selling author, reality TV star, president. You can say all you like that he doesn't know anything but what you say flies in the face of reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom