application defined or object defined error (1 Viewer)

morelhunter

Local time
Today, 11:36
I am using Monsoon Stone Edge order manager and want to add two text fields to the View Customer form. I added two fields from the Customer table, Text4 and Text5, with Text4 and Text5 as the control sources. For existing customers everything works as it should but when I attempt to add a new customer I get the error message: "cmdAdd: Error = 2448; Application-defined or Object-defined error" and the Text4 and Text5 fields contain "#name?". If I click "ok" in the error message box I can continue adding info for the new customer but cannot delete the contents of fields Text4 and Text5. When I save the customer "#name?" disappears from those fields and I can then edit them normally and save any changes.

Any help in getting rid of this error will be very much appreciated.

Ranman256

Local time
something isnt mapped right.
if the FIELD name is TEXT4
AND
the TEXTBOX name is TEXT4
AND
the text boxes are mapped to the query/table....
then it should work.

however, if they are NOT mapped to the datasource, then this could be a problem.

morelhunter

Local time
I am very much a novice with Access so please bear with me. I added both fields to the form using the "add existing field" tab on the Access ribbon so I would have thought they would be mapped correctly.

Ranman256

Local time
then yes, that should have no errors.
(but check the name property...just to be safe)

morelhunter

Local time
On the property sheet the selection type is text box and Text5 appears from the drop down menu, Text5 appears in both the name and control source fields.

All of the other text boxes on the page (the standard form in the Stone Edge program) show "unbound" in the design view and the control source in the property sheet is blank. Maybe there is some conflict with the other fields. I really don't know enough about this to even make an educated guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom