AUG Pacific -- Adding & Removing Items (Immediately) to/from Ribbon using VBA with Adrian Bell

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 13:16
Please join us for our Monthly Chapter Presentation, Sept. 5, 2024 at 6:30PM Pacific (UTC -7)
2024_09_05_AdeIntroSLide.png

It is generally believed that the Ribbons can only be updated by the user via the interface provided – or can be updated offline by tweaking the embedded XML data file stored within the AccDB.

I plan to show a technique based on the original Office CommandBar (CB) objects that allows CommandBarButtons (CBBs) to be added & removed on the fly – which show up for the user as a button on a specific Ribbon called Add-ins. If you have one showing already the new CB & its CBB(s) will be added to what’s there. Otherwise it appears & disappears when you add & delete the first/last CBB.

(Updated details.)

About Adrian Bell, our presenter.

I sometimes go under the nick – NeoPa which originated in my gaming days in an earlier epoch, or early this millennium anyway.

I’ve been a Microsoft MVP in Access almost continually since 2014 and that’s mainly based on my work on Bytes.com where I post as NeoPa.

I’ve worked in IT, covering coding, app design, systems, support & pretty much everything else over the years since I started work in 1978.

Join Zoom Meeting

If you are asked:

Meeting ID: 852 1966 9601
Passcode: 123456

Tonight's the night for Adrian's presentation. Join us if you can, please.

Hmm, he is in the UK if my assumption is correct, just going by his accent? :)
I will wait for the video as that is 01:30 for me, and him, so well done Adrian. :)

No kidding, it will be the same time for Adrian. We appreciate his dedication immensely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom