Bootstrap Inspired Alerts (1 Viewer)

Pac-Man

Local time
Today, 13:26
Hello,

Find attached accdb file to emulate Bootstrap like alerts. See screenshot below:
Annotation 2024-01-19 223901.png

Best Regards

Attachments

• Alert.accdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:26
do you have a x64 version?

Pac-Man

Local time
do you have a x64 version?
The file is accdb and can be opened in Access of both bitness. Most of the API's used are already for both bitness using #If statement. I will see if any api is left.

arnelgp

Local time
Allen Browne's code need to be converted, since bulk of the code uses it.
therefore, i get error (i am using x64 office).

arnelgp

Local time
i converted allen brownes code to x64 compatible.

Attachments

• Alert.accdb
    2.1 MB · Views: 88

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:26
@arnelgp
I don't see any code by Allen Browne. Presumably you meant the code module by Stephen Lebans?

@Pac-Man
I've had a quick look at the code, much of which is from my Attention Seeking Database (isladogs.co.uk).
Out of interest, what do you see as the advantages of this approach over the use of system tray alerts (AKA balloon tooltips) as demonstrated in that app? For example:

1705832072510.png

Last edited:

Pac-Man

Local time
@arnelgp
I don't see any code by Allen Browne. Presumably you meant the code module by Stephen Lebans?

@Pac-Man
I've had a quick look at the code, much of which is from my Attention Seeking Database (isladogs.co.uk).
Out of interest, what do you see as the advantages of this approach over the use of system tray alerts (AKA balloon tooltips) as demonstrated in that app? For example:

View attachment 112115

@arnelgp, Thanks a lot for updating the code to 64bit.

@isladogs, Yeah you are right, FadeInOut, round corner form and twipstopixel modules are copied from attention seeking database. I liked bootstrap style of alerts that is one the two reasons I used this. Balloon tooltips are nice and easy to implement but the reason I don't use these is there are a lot of viruses on our network due to which a number of these warning by security center (which can't be even turned off, I guess) are displayed continuously. Notifications shown in balloon tips are mostly ignored. Moreover it is yet another method for notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom