Bring to Front over a subform

TipsyWolf

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:41
hey guys,
i read and tried myself that its not possible to bring any objects to front over subform.
MAYBE there is a way to do it. ...

1720175950159.png

i don't think it is possible, adjust it so it will not overlap with subform.

i don't think it is possible, adjust it so it will not overlap with subform.
my goal was to make object transperant so i could set up dbl click events over crosstab query subform.
this way i would ger rid of hundreds of Dcounts and have more control over my data...
sad...

You can use another form. Set Form.Popup = True. Set Form.BorderStyle = None. Handle the MouseMove event of the control over which you want to show the form, then position the form at the X, Y coordinates provided by MouseMove, or by the location of the control. Hide it again on a timer, unless it gets shown again by another MoveMove. You can find opacity code online.

This yellowish tooltip-like thing is exactly what I describe. In this image, it is displayed at the mouse pointer, triggered by a Treeview.MouseMove event, and it hovers--in this case--over two different treeviews on two different subforms.

ss.png

Subforms are windowed controls. The only thing that can cover them is another windowed control e.g. web browser control or list box.

Or create a continuous or datasheet form based on your crosstab and apply your double click events there

all you have to do is set the cross tab columns headings to ensure empty columns appear

1720181673295.png

plenty of examples of how to make the form dynamic to hide those empty columns if that is required

I seem to recall using a query object as a source object to a subform (i.e. sourceobject=Query.myCrossTab) creates a 'quasi' form to which you can add events dynamically from the main form, but I could be wrong. Code would be something like

mysubform.form.mycontrol.ondoubleclick="=somefunction()"

where somefunction is a public function in a standard or mainform module

Here's a sample of how you can make a button popup hover over a subform datasheet.

Attachments

Here's a sample of how you can make a button popup hover over a subform datasheet.
1720206563410.png

did u build this whole thing just for me today ?
damn, i much appreciated for your time ! and this works awesome. i like it !

is there a way to make pup up goes in front of cell where i click instead of below?
1720207163542.png

like if i click at 12 and this button pops up just in front of cell with 12 number
x coordinates = y coordinates

Attachments

• 1720206985582.png
    1720206985582.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
is there a way to make pup up goes in front of cell where i click instead of below?
View attachment 114966

like if i click at 12 and this button pops up just in front of cell with 12 number
x coordinates = y coordinates

See my article

You will only need to make minor modifications to the code supplied in that article

did u build this whole thing just for me today ?
No, no, I hacked this out of an existing system and just customized it for demo.

I wouldn't cover the datasheet control. Your user probably needs to interact with the datasheet.

In fSubform there are two functions, GetX() and GetY(). Those determine the placement of the popup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom