Budget Issue

aneilh

Local time
Yesterday, 22:23
Hello, I am using MS Access 2003 and creating a inventory management database for a Hotel Chain. However, i am a bit lost on creating a budget for each hotel in the chain, as each hotel has a bugdet of say £200,000, and each time an order takes place it must take this away. If anyone has any ideas...

Thanks

I have lots of ideas, but without some help from the developer (say, maybe some pictures, files, structures, etc..?), a response would not do very much to help.

I say the hotel closes, forwards all earned profits to me, and then I'll distribute them equally among all the people that answer questions when they are asked.

For example:

I've been working on this hotel DB for a little bit and they all have budgets. Those budgets are distributed amongst the hotels as needed. Any help? Thanks.

;)

Ps -- Is subtraction this hard?

Hi, I have attached my relationships, so if you can give any help. Thanks. Please note that these relationship set up can be changed if you have any ideas. Thanks

Attachments

• Relationships.JPG
    Relationships.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 162
Please note that these relationship set up can be changed if you have any ideas.
NOTED, thank you! Also note that relationships are not "read only". :)
I say the hotel closes, forwards all earned profits to me, and then I'll distribute them equally among all the people that answer questions when they are asked.
The question was asked to boost the profits in the following fiscal year Moniker. The chain has an accumulated lifetime NOL. It aint doin' too hot. :D :D :D

And, to say at least something about the relationships: Maybe add a one-to-one relationship between tblHotels and tblBudgets?? It might come in handy, but it's not critical...

Last edited:
Not sure I understand your problem/issue. Do you want each hotel to have access to their available budget balances? Just like a really big multi-user database?
Or are you doing the budget and just need to distribute the figures to the individual hotels?

i want want each hotel to have access to their available budget balances from every order that has taken place.

Thanks

i want want each hotel to have access to their available budget balances from every order that has taken place.
Just add the relationship that I told you about earlier. Other than that, there is nothing more "technical" you need to do with this.

What else do you want to know?

Yes but how would i get the hotels current remaining budget? i.e. how would i calculate the total cost of each transaction?

Yes but how would i get the hotels current remaining budget? i.e. how would i calculate the total cost of each transaction?
To get the current budget, you will probably just have to query the LAST record in that table, wouldn't you? I don't know for sure though, because I can't see your tables!

I can't answer the second question, because I can't visualize what I need from your picture. You'll have to give me something other than that to work with...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom