Can I link to a sheet without specifying a cell?

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:08
Can I create a link to a sheet that does not specify a cell, so that the cursor remains on the sheet where it was previously, as if I had clicked on the tab for the sheet?

I am working on a spreadsheet with a long list of financial accounts on the "Accounts" sheet and links to locations on other sheets with detail. I would like to create a link that takes me back to the same cell on the "Accounts" sheet that I was at before I clicked the link. Note that the other sheets may have many accounts referenced on the same sheet and I rather not create a link for each account back.

I doubt it, as each row would be a record? You would need to store you last location.

However easy enough to try out surely?

I am just clicking a link. I don't see how I would retrieve the information about the link I just clicked. However, if I click the "Accounts" tab directly, it goes back to where I was in the "Accounts" sheet. Is there a way to simulate clicking a sheet's tab in Excel.

This sheet will be used by other people, so I want to avoid VBA code.

Sorry, I was thinking of linking in Access, did not notice the forum. I just go on What's New.

Have you tried Worksheet("NameOfSheet").Select or Activate ?
However that is VBA, which you do not want to use and that simulates clicking a sheet's Tab in Excel.

Can I create a link to a sheet that does not specify a cell, so that the cursor remains on the sheet where it was previously, as if I had clicked on the tab for the sheet?

I am working on a spreadsheet with a long list of financial accounts on the "Accounts" sheet and links to locations on other sheets with detail. I would like to create a link that takes me back to the same cell on the "Accounts" sheet that I was at before I clicked the link. Note that the other sheets may have many accounts referenced on the same sheet and I rather not create a link for each account back.
use VBA. on the accounts page code an application.goto for the detail pages, and store the 'last place your cursor was' in either a global variable or, better, a place on a hidden worksheet. use the same type of vba, application.goto, on the detail pages to go back to THAT place on the accounts sheet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom