Solved Can one import a named table from Excel into either a new table, or an empty table created for the purpose, in Access?

brucemc777

Local time
Today, 00:10
I presently have a relatively small named table in an Excel sheet (that has many tables in the same sheet).

Though i could input it from scratch as it only has perhaps 20 entries, in the future i suspect i will want to do the same with much larger (named) tables, so i figure this is a good place to start.

I am pretty new to Access (but learning with help from y'all!), and am wondering if the specific table can simple be imported into a table of it's own in Access.

THANK YOU!!!

Note (edit): Though i see the ability to import Named Ranges, it does not include the "named range" of a table. Will try giving the contents of the table a name and see what happens. I really hate experimenting, as i have rather severely mess things up before, but how bad could i mess this up???

Just in case this can help anyone else out!

Note_02 (edit): Well Bruce, No and Yes. First, you need to copy over the contents from the table to a blank area and make a named range from it. Next you need to save that workbook and close it. After that you can go over to external data in Access, import from a file (Excel), find the modified workbook, search through the named ranges and you will be able to successfully import it. Don't bother trying to import from an open Excel workbook for at least on your computer it will fail at the last step.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom