Can Studio Management for MS SQL Work with MySQL

nector

Local time
Today, 22:50
Sorry People,

For the purpose of switching over from MS SQL Server which I'm used with to MYSQL which I have never used before I want to find out whether the SSMA studio can still be used to create tables, view and stored procedures for the cloud database under MYSQL. We have been doing this way under UZURE for MS SQL Server. The swicth is necessary because the provider is a local company with only less 5 kilometers away from our office and can be easy to engage physically.

Probably not. Normally, you would use MySQL Workbench to work with MySQL.

Just in case you're interested, check out this post.

Sorry People,

For the purpose of switching over from MS SQL Server which I'm used with to MYSQL which I have never used before I want to find out whether the SSMA studio can still be used to create tables, view and stored procedures for the cloud database under MYSQL. We have been doing this way under UZURE for MS SQL Server. The swicth is necessary because the provider is a local company with only less 5 kilometers away from our office and can be easy to engage physically.
SQL Server Migration Assistance has several versions, including one for MySQL. A quick internet search found it for you.

Or perhaps you meant SSMS, not SSMA. If so, check us out on Thursday night as we learn about a tool that works with numerous databases, including Access, SQL Server and MySQL.

I use DBeaver to connect to both MySQL and SQLServer (and also PostgreSQL on the rare occasion!)

Many thanks for the valuable information, actually it has turned out to be cpanel to do the job that we normally do in MS SQL Management Studio , we need to download Mysl connector ODBC depending to the window bit installed. Exporting is just the same like wo do it one by one using ODBC

(1) We need to create the database in Mysl using cpanel
(2) Create a user to manage the database + password

Lastly link the MS Access Front end using ODBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom