' character at the beginning of excel cell

Alex McDevitt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:24
Hi,

I'm trying to export a query/table to excel from access. I understand the "TransferSpreadsheet"/export method, but when this method is executed, the excel sheet displays the ' character at the beginning of each cell.
The problem is, I need the DB to do the export automatically(i.e. vba) otherwise I would use the "Analyze It with Microsoft Excel" method which works fine, but I don't know how to call this method from code..
Any help much appreciated.

:confused:

The format of a xls column exported by Aceess is determined by the data in the first row. I suspect that you are exporting row headings, hence the tic mark with each cell.

I am having the same problem.
Thing is i need to export the column headings to the first row, but of course do not want ' appearing at the front of every ofhter cell.

Anyone know of a workaround for this ?

TIA

Hi,

I have posted this thread before, but still have not found a solution......
I'm trying to export a query/table to excel from access. I understand the "TransferSpreadsheet"/export method, but when this method is executed, the excel sheet displays the ' character at the beginning of each cell.
The problem is, I need the DB to do the export automatically(i.e. vba) otherwise I would use the "Analyze It with Microsoft Excel" method which works fine, but I don't know how to call this method from code..
One last note, in access help "When you export an Access table or select query to a spreadsheet, the field names are inserted into the first row of the spreadsheet no matter what you select in this argument", so if this export 'error' is due to row headings I is stuck......
Any help much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom