Cloud Backuo?

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Yesterday, 22:21
What do you use? I currently use Carbonite but creating a download takes forever, even for smaller folders way belong the maximum. I'm using brand new computers and Xfinity. Nothing else is turned on.

On my new computer, I use a stick drive and a batch script that copies the contents of my critical folders. It's a USB 3.0 stick with pretty high capacity, so it has a very fast copy rate. I also know that I only need about 15 GB for everything and a 32 GB stick is pretty cheap. A lot cheaper than the yearly subscriptions to any of the commercial cloud-based file backup services. I absolutely DO NOT trust the privacy of any cloud setup.

We use a iDrive account. It has a cost associated with it, but is operated as a Scheduled Incremental back up, with recovery possible to any point in time in the history available.

It appear to be quick and painless to operate, I have approx. 115GB of files backed up in total.
You can also have it Sync in real time, but I don't need that. I have a decent internet connection and as it only stores changes the backups are generally quite small (under 200MB) and normally takes under a minute.

Restoring is simple and easy. The UI is clean and straight-forward to use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom