combo boxes... again

aahmn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:26
I am completely self-taught and new to Access, so please bear with me. I've probably made a lot of it more complicated than it needs to be. I am putting together a database that's become a little more complicated than I was expecting. It's a patient database, where when you add a patient, you can then add multiple fetuses/babies, and appointments and procedures are tracked for both the mother and the baby.

This part's fine so far. What I've been trying to do now is simplify some things. I need to be able to enter a care team, which will be a list of providers of unknown length (which you can narrow down by area), and a list of anomalies of unknown length (which you can narrow down by organ system) specific to each fetus.

Since both ideas are similar, I started with Anomalies. I thought I could use cascading combo boxes to narrow down the list of anomalies by organ system. That's fine - I got that working by itself using a table of organ systems linked to a table of anomalies. These table values will not change.

Can I now use this to enter data into a list for each fetus? I'm getting a little confused about whether you can actually use these combo box values to enter data into a table that would list all anomalies with fetalID, organ system, anomaly and notes for each entry. Or are cascading combo boxes usable only to look up values in a table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom