'Command or action 'Paste' isn't available Now'

jlee.2000

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:22
I have read the previous responses to this thread but I am still having a similar error 'Command or action 'Paste' isn't available Now'. The suggestions to troubleshoot the issue within this thread have helped me with my computer and I have tried this with another but I am still receiving the same error as before. I restarted the computer to clear the clipboard and I am still receiving the error when I try to use my duplicate button. The following is the code I am using. Any help would be appreciated because multiple people use the same form from different machines at different times. I am lost and cannot seem to find any other substantial answers other than what I have read in this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Someone please help!!!:)

Is there anyone that is able to help me with this error. If so I would appreciate it. I am a novice and and really stuck with this particular issue. Please help.

I have narrowed the issue to a couple machines that must have some security setting that prevents the copy/paste function to work. I am still stuck on this issue is anyone is able to assist in troubleshooting it. I really have no idea what else to do regarding this error. FYI the security features in access permit the use of macros from the location this database is stored in.

Maybe if you explain what you have, what you trying to do, at what moment with what data etc. , someone will be able to help you.

I have doubt that you work in Access. Do you ?
Because the Copy-Paste is not an usual task in Access.

I am lost and cannot seem to find any other substantial answers other than what I have read in this thread.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

:confused: Are you sure that this post is for this thread ?

@Mihail

Vincent3elly is just yet another idiot posting nonsensical stuff disguised as posts - probably to get above the 10 post limit ( ihhave just reported him/her) ... incredible that both you and RainLover fell for that garbage :D

Mihail,
Thanks for your response. I have read a similar thread that dealt with a similar issue but that solution did not work. Let me give you a background on what I am trying to do with the database form and then outline the problem I am having as well as what I have done to try and troubleshoot the issue. Hopefully in my explanation I can answer some questions and give some direction.

1. This database is for our personal care home (a small elderly retirement community). The particular form I am having difficulty with is an Activity Attendance Form in which a user tracks the resident's attendance at various activities. I have an unbound form with two subforms on it. The first subform is where the user enters the activity attendance for each resident.

2. The form has 8 fields which consist of three comboboxes and several textboxes (some which are uneditable and simply autocomplete information).

3. Initially we intended to record attendance using check boxes but determined the data would be easier to manipulate and filter with fewer fields and so chose comboboxes and fewer fields since the residents and activities are changing weekly and monthly.

4. The frustrating thing about the problem is that it seems intermittent because it works on some machines and not others no matter what the operating system is (some run XP and 7 and some can use the command button and others canno).
5. Mihail, I know that you stated that "Because the Copy-Paste is not an usual task in Access". I am running Access 2007 on all of our machines and the "Duplicate Record" function is present as an option using the Macro Wizard. Since I felt this may be a security issue for Access I have allowed the program to run macros from the location this database is saved in. However, this did not resolve the issue either.
6. I have read that some people that have a similar issue felt it was a problem with the clipboard function and that the clipboard required clearing and the function would work. However, I tried this on different machines and it did not resolve the issue.
7. At this point I am frustrated with the database and my staff is frustrated as well because without the "Duplicate Record" function tracking activity attendance is much more time consuming. If there is any help on how to resolve this issue I would be much appreciative. FYI I am also open to other ways to record the attendance or alternative code used in the command button but I am a novice (at best) and really am not all that familiar with code.
P.S. Our company is small and we have no IT in order to bounce ideas or resolve issues with so this is why I have come here for some help. :o
P.S.S. If you would like a copy of the database I can arrange that but I would have to copy the forms and table to a blank database and use dummy information due to privacy.
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer,
Justin

2. The form has 8 fields which consist of three comboboxes and several textboxes (some which are uneditable and simply autocomplete information)
In a well designed database it is no reason to autocomplete the information in a field. This word say that you make some calculations then you store the results in your database. This is not the right way and never should do this.

I am running Access 2007 on all of our machines and the "Duplicate Record" function is present as an option using the Macro Wizard.
At this point you have lost me. What does this function do ?
Check if a record is a duplicate ?
But is no reason for this. Access has it's own tools to manage this.
... or remove the duplicates ?
Again, this is not necessary while Access can prevent to create the duplicate records.
... or this function create the duplicates ?!?!?! Why ?!?!?!?

P.S.S. If you would like a copy of the database I can arrange that but I would have to copy the forms and table to a blank database and use dummy information due to privacy.
Seems to be the best approach.
The easiest way to do this is to create a copy of your DB (copy-paste in Windows), then, on this copy, remove the records (keep only 3-4) and, in this records replace the sensitive data.

I use also 2007 but there are also very skilled posters that still use 2003.
So, if Access allow you to convert (save) your DB in 2003 version, do that.
Then compact the database (in order to reduce the size) then ZIP it.
Until you will reach 10 posts you can upload anything only in ZIP format.

Cheers.

Mihail,
Sorry for the delayed response to your assistance. Work has been very busy of late. However, I zipped a copy of the database that you requested and converted it as you also requested.

In a well designed database it is no reason to autocomplete the information in a field. This word say that you make some calculations then you store the results in your database. This is not the right way and never should do this.

1. Please let me clarify something regarding my use of the word "Autocomplete". The fields that I have autocomplete are really just displaying the fields (First Name and Last Name) from a combobox that displays the resident's ID number. The autocomplete function is not really calculating any information.

At this point you have lost me. What does this function do ?
Check if a record is a duplicate ?

2. The function is to "Duplicate" or copy the previous record. As opposed to "Duplicate" which would look for records that are the same (I know it is confusing because the words are spelled the same).

Thank again in advance,
Justin

P.S. I am having difficulty attaching the zipped version of the database. Are there any other suggestions?

2. The function is to "Duplicate" or copy the previous record. As opposed to "Duplicate" which would look for records that are the same (I know it is confusing because the words are spelled the same).
Again: Why you need this ?

P.S. I am having difficulty attaching the zipped version of the database. Are there any other suggestions?
Can't help if we don't say what difficulty you have.

- The purpose of duplicating the record would be in order to not have the user enter information that would be present in multiple records. I.E. Joe attends 7 activities on Monday and 3 on Tuesday. The dates resident ID all would be the same for the activities attended on Monday. The different information would be the actual activity. Same thing with the activities attended on Tuesday.

My research and personal testing overcomes the error. Add a slight pause to your cause. The 'Sleep' function (or 'Sleep1000') that is now publicly available on the internet before the DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy and/or DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPaste. I "sleep" for 2 milliseconds, ie., Sleep1000 2. Trailing on 'Sleep' can be found on Youtube,

Been over 13 years since the previous post?
I think they might have resolved it before now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom