Coninuous Form not Scrolling since Windows Update (1 Viewer)

ted.martin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:51
I believe there is a problem with a recent Windows Update.

On or around last weekend (19-Aug-17), I noticed that my Continuous Forms no longer scrolled using the Mouse Wheel or by Sliding the Vertical Scroll Bar.

Since then this same problem has been noticed by 2 of my Clients using my Applications. All are running Access 2016 via Office 365

I first noticed this on my own pc just after I saw Windows Update indicator flash through last Friday.

I then saw the same thing happen on my Lap Top immediately after a similar Windows Update.

Both machines are running Windows 10; pc on Pro; Lap Top on Home.

On my pc I decided to carry out a System Restore taking it back to a week or so ago and the problem was fixed. My Continuous Forms now scroll again.

I have been to a Client today who reported the same non-scrolling issue to me and I found on their pc that two Windows Updates were installed 2 days ago. They are KB4022405 and KB4020821.

I do not know which of these may have caused the problem but it is a big issue as most users will use the Mouse Wheel to scroll through the records. As I said above, the Vertical Scroll Bar does not scroll the records either although using the Upper or Lower arrow point does work.

I have tried reporting this to Microsoft via there chat site but without much success. One thing I was asked to check was whether the Scrolling still worked on Excel and word to which the answer is ‘yes’.

Can anyone here report that they have found the same problem? Have you managed to fix it? Do Microsoft know?

Many thanks.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 02:51
did you try fiddling with the mouse scroll settings in control panel?

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:51
There are reports all over a half dozen Access forums on this problem, with running Access via Office 365, and with the most current updates being installed. Fiddling with mouse scroll properties has been tried without success, and the only answer I've seen is to uninstall those updates.

Linq ;0)>

ted.martin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:51
Re: Continuous Form not Scrolling since Windows Update

Thank you for your reply. I was aware of the several posts on the forums on this subject. I have also seen the code workaround. However, I and my clients have been using Windows 10 and Office 365 for quite a while and up until last week, the vertical scrolling was working fine. Then it stopped following a Windows Update.

What I want to achieve here is to get Microsoft to fix the problem. I have managed to get the issue through to them but whether they fix it or not remains to be seen.

I cannot believe that a programme as accomplished as Access can be allowed to operate without the vertical scroll bar working. If so then what is the point of having a scroll bar.

I am hoping that some of the senior and accomplished members here can bring their own pressure to bear on Microsoft to get them to find a solution.

static

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:51
The Mouse Wheel behavior changed from 2007...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...-wheel-to-scroll-through-records-in-an-access
...but this sounds like the scroll wheel isn't working at all on some Windows 10 PC's.

Is the form/s in a container form (subform). Could it be possible that the subform control is locked somehow?

It might have been helpful to try the workaround and see if the code even fired.

If it was only a scroll issue I would have suggested this (try it anyway)
http://www.ricksdailytips.com/cant-scroll-with-mouse-wheel/

But if it doesn't work with dragging either, I'd suggest building a form on an affected pc and see if that works.

Also check if printer drivers have been updated.

Surendra Tatkar

Local time
Today, 16:51
I believe there is a problem with a recent Windows Update.

On or around last weekend (19-Aug-17), I noticed that my Continuous Forms no longer scrolled using the Mouse Wheel or by Sliding the Vertical Scroll Bar.

Since then this same problem has been noticed by 2 of my Clients using my Applications. All are running Access 2016 via Office 365

I first noticed this on my own pc just after I saw Windows Update indicator flash through last Friday.

I then saw the same thing happen on my Lap Top immediately after a similar Windows Update.

Both machines are running Windows 10; pc on Pro; Lap Top on Home.

On my pc I decided to carry out a System Restore taking it back to a week or so ago and the problem was fixed. My Continuous Forms now scroll again.

I have been to a Client today who reported the same non-scrolling issue to me and I found on their pc that two Windows Updates were installed 2 days ago. They are KB4022405 and KB4020821.

I do not know which of these may have caused the problem but it is a big issue as most users will use the Mouse Wheel to scroll through the records. As I said above, the Vertical Scroll Bar does not scroll the records either although using the Upper or Lower arrow point does work.

I have tried reporting this to Microsoft via there chat site but without much success. One thing I was asked to check was whether the Scrolling still worked on Excel and word to which the answer is ‘yes’.

Can anyone here report that they have found the same problem? Have you managed to fix it? Do Microsoft know?

Many thanks.
Please move all objects from the Form Header section to the Detail section so you will see the scrollbar. Scrollbar only works in the Detail section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom