Continuous Form 1st button doesn't work (1 Viewer)

Dcole

Local time
Today, 06:33
Hi All, i'm looking for a little help. I have a form i use ti list all of agents, but when it opens the 1st record is very hard to click on. but the rest are fine.

is there a way to fix this

where the red outline is there is an invsiable button, that works but only if i can grab the very bottom of it.
1720114303584.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:33
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Are you able to share a sample copy of your db with test data?

xavier.batlle

Local time
Today, 12:33
You don't need an invisible button to open the agent profile, you can use the onclick (or better double click) "AGENT NAME" textbox event to open it.

Dcole

Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Are you able to share a sample copy of your db with test data?
Not realy, but I might be able to make a copy and remove some of sensitive data. but that will take a little time

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:33
Not realy, but I might be able to make a copy and remove some of sensitive data. but that will take a little time
I was going to suggest to make the button visible, so you can tell exactly where you're clicking. You can also make the button visible and small and put it to the right side of the form just to see if that would make a difference.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:33
If textbox has focus, it will be over button and that's why you must click edge of button exposed below textbox. Make button smaller, visible, next to textbox.

Or use textbox events as suggested. Set up by putting code in textbox double click event. What exactly do you not understand about that instruction?

Or activate record selectors and use form double click event.

Last edited:

Dcole

Local time
If textbox has focus, it will be over button and that's why you must click edge of button exposed below textbox. Make button smaller, visible, next to textbox.

Or use textbox events as suggested. Set up by putting code in textbox double click event. What exactly do you not understand about that instruction?

Or activate record selectors and use form double click event.
Sorry I'am new to access, and i am still learning. thats why i posted here for help.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The others have mentioned these two solutions but I'll add more detail.

Since you are using a continuous form, having a small button to the right of the data fields will work the same way your invisible button does except that you won't have any trouble clicking on it.

If the buttons look too busy - I generally don't use buttons in this instance - I normally use the double click event of the first field in the record. The code is the same as what you have in your button. To make this functionality obvious to the user, either put a little note above the column that says "dbl-click to go to detail" or something like that. OR, set the property of the field so it looks like a hyperlink. People know to click on hyperlinks. The issue here is that hyperlinks generally work on the click and you don't want to use the click event to activate the hyperlink or you won't ever be able to type into the control, so you have to use the double-click event.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Example of visible button is. Most people know the Pencil icon so you can choose to leave out the word "edit" to keep it very small.

Edit.PNG

If not do what others suggest and get rid of the hidden button and use the same code in the controls DoubleClick.

As @June7 explained the problem is the focus on the textbox making it difficult to get to the hidden button. You can probably fix the hidden button but that is extra work solved by using the textbox event instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom