Convert to PDF

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:20
A few quick questions in regards to converting a report to PDF.

At the moment the client uses the button on the Print Preview ribbon (Access 2010) to convert the report to a PDF file. Client is asking if it is possible to automatically select the "Standard Publishing" option as it seems to default to "Minimum Size" each time.

If I use VBA to open report as hidden, create email object and attach it as PDF does it automatically get converted to the highest quality?

I have exactly the same problem - does anyone have any ideas on how to set "Standard Publishing" as the default quality option when exporting pdf directly to email?

Answer: Yes, saving the Access report using VBA code will save it with the Standard, not Minimum, size.

We were having an issue with a logo on an Access report looking blurry when set to the minimum size. The user had to manually change it to Standard each time before printing it, so he asked me if I could find a way to set the Standard as the default. I could not find anything online about a PDF property for Standard or Minimum size, but during testing, I found that using the DoCmd.OutputTo function did save in the Standard size so that the logo on the report looked nice. Here is the code I used:

DoCmd.OutputTo objecttype:=acOutputReport, objectname:=strReportName, outputformat:=acFormatPDF, outputfile:="C:\folder\TestReport.pdf", autostart:=True

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom