Copy field 1 to field 2 problem

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:34
Could we please have a suggestion for the best way to copy a record from one field in a MsAccess 2003 table to another field in the same table?

We have a calculated field aclled = AverageShareCost
with the following calculation
=[Bought_Drip_Dollars]/[Bought_Drip_Quantity]

The value of this field can change, but its current value when the form is opened is to be copied to
Net_Share_Cost

We have not had any success after trying many expressions and I would appreciate your suggestions.

The two fields above are needed for different purposes.

Thank you Linda

Your choice of nomenclature is a bit confusing. Did you mean "a field from one record" rather than "a record from one field"?

Your statement of when to show this value is also confusing. You would not normally do this when the form is opened, but rather when it loads data from whatever is the current record.

You say you have had no success with many different expressions. The expression you need (if I am still guessing correctly) is

Code:
[Net_Share_Cost] = [Bought_Drip_Dollars]/[Bought_Drip_Quantity]

If this isn't working, it isn't because of the formula but rather is probably due to where you PUT that formula. I know that your account is a group account with several people using it. perhaps even some new folks rotating in now and then. I have to ask if you understand the concept of an Event Handler or Event Routine. If you do not, you need (desperately) to learn, because otherwise you will have a hard time getting this right.

You also need to clarify WHEN you want this to occur, because you can cause things to occur when a form Loads (for the first time) vs. when new data loads (such as when you move to a different record on the same form). They are two different events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom