Countdown Timer (1 Viewer)

Saint34

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:47
I am looking to create a program for my home poker league. I have ideas and concepts, some of which I know how to program (even though I know ms access is not really the way to do this) but a count down timer is something that I don't know how to start.

Concept:

Have a timer that looks like this: 00:00 (mm:ss)
Set it to 30:00 , Click start and it will start counting down from 30 mins every second.
have a pause and a reset button as well.
at the end of the 30 mins a message box will pop up saying blinds increase. (Easy)

Suggestions?

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:47
See my sample attached. When the timer reaches 00:00:00, a message box appears stating that the blinds will be raised. The timer then resets (simply by closing and re-opening the form).

When you press the 'Reset Timer' button, you are asked to confirm that you wish to reset. If you select Yes, the timer is reset (once again by simply closing and re-opening the form). If you select No the timer countdown continues.

I will try to work on adding a pause button for you later on today, but this gives you a good start.

Attachments

• PokerTimer.mdb
    152 KB · Views: 341

Saint34

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:47
Very cool. I looked at it. I actually ended up using a Sleep function from the Krenel32... It works great and its not a busy weight.

Thank you for your help, everyone on this site has been great as I have been learning.

-Saint

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:47
No problem. Feel free to ask any more questions

ChipperT

Banned in 13 Countries
Local time
Today, 14:47
Very cool. I looked at it. I actually ended up using a Sleep function from the Krenel32... It works great and its not a busy weight.

Thank you for your help, everyone on this site has been great as I have been learning.

-Saint

Saint, could you post your code for this? I may have a use for it in my own quiz application. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom