Create one string from one field IDEquipment from multiple records with same field IDorder

brucemc777

Local time
Today, 06:12
Thank you for considering my issue!

OK, i give-

Just starting back with Access after 13 years not using it, and a real bad memory-

We have a five field table named "tblOrderEquipment" (which was a lousy name as it suggests it is for equipment to be ordered, but instead it was meant to join information from a table with many orders on it to a table with many different items of equipment on it).

In the field "IDEquipment" we have one equipment item per record.
In the field "IDOrders" we have an identifier of a specific order.
Multiple records might have the same order number when that order had multiple items of equipment listed in afore cited field "IDEquipment".
For all the records with the same "IDOrder" i want a concatenated string of all the individual "IDEquipment" texts items associated with that "IDOrder" number.
I state ""IDEquipment" texts" because although a number is actually stored there, that field displays a brief equipment item textual description.

In the hopefully attached screenshot, if i wanted the list for "IDOrders" = 6, i would get a string that read "22" Monitor, Camera, 4K HD IR Night, NVR 4Channel, POE 4 Port". Now, if i really were dreaming, i could get the corresponding "UnitCount" field with the item description.

Thank you for your help, your expertise and your consideration!
-Bruce

I think that a function called "DConcat" is part of the solution, but that is simply from me trying to solve this myself for a day and getting a little too confused

Attachments

• tblOrderEquipment.png
    tblOrderEquipment.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 36
because although a number is actually stored there, that field displays a brief equipment item textual description.
You are describing a table level lookup field which complicates matters- you will need to modify Allen’s code to get the actual text value from whatever table it is stored in (see the rowsource of the lookup field if you don’t know which table)

it seems to me IDEquipment field (is long integer?) have a lookup table.
you need to Customized the Concat function to get the "real" texts of your Equipments.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Sorry i didn't get back sooner - daughter had a bit of a wreck on I--95 (thankfully no personal injury as it was stop-and-go traffic, but i suspect the car is totaled and without GAP insurance, a car that i just paid for a new rebuilt transmission for...). I will get on ALL of the above now (OK, in a few hours. Need to help same daughter with moving out of the apartment and go to the tow lot to clear the car out).

Very reassuring i am not wandering off in the wrong direction!
-Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom