Daily Task Report (1 Viewer)

icesir

Local time
Today, 01:29
Hey AWF.

I’m building a task tracking database, and I’ve hit a wall.

My main data table stores a single record for each outstanding task with a start date and an end date for each unique task.

I’m trying to produce a report that lists all tasks scheduled every day. I’m using a query that displays all records that fall within a user-defined date range, but I can’t figure out how to group my data to display each task scheduled for each day.

Ideally, the report would list all tasks scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, with each day occupying its own page. Any task scheduled for Monday only appears on the page for Monday. Any task scheduled for Monday and Tuesday would appear on BOTH pages, so the record would appear twice in the same report.

Complicating matters, I’m trying to make the report range flexible. Sometimes I need two days at a time, sometimes five.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 12:29
Grouping and sorting is done in the report. So supply the data to the report and add your sections there.

icesir

Local time
Today, 01:29
Grouping and sorting is done in the report. So supply the data to the report and add your sections there.
Yup! My grouping and sorting is behaving as I’d like it. Group by employee, sort by priority.

I’m struggling to get a record to appear on the report multiple times if it’s scheduled for multiple days.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 12:29
It would need to appear twice in the data?
Is your db normalised?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:29
I’m struggling to get a record to appear on the report multiple times if it’s scheduled for multiple days.

You can't create records in a query if they aren't in the underlying tables. Sounds like you need a table of dates you want to report on.

Right now you have 1 record with a StartDate and EndDate and want a record for every day those span. A query can't generate the dates between, unless you have another table of the dates you want to report on. If you create a table of dates that you want to report on, you can build a query on your existing table and that table of Dates to get a query that produces a record for every date in the span.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom