Darshan Hiranandani : Unable to set Display form

Local time
Today, 07:58
Hi everyone,

I’m relatively new to Access and might have misunderstood some things, so I hope you can help me with an issue I’m facing at work.

I recently made some tweaks to a form and report using a runtime version of Access, but now I want to revert to a backup I created by copying the database from a networked drive. However, after restoring the backup, it doesn’t automatically run the first form. When I check under Options > Database, it just says "None," and I can’t change it to the form I want.

I also tried using my boss's version of Access, thinking the runtime version was the problem. However, I still couldn’t make any changes, and I only see tables—no forms available for opening. How can I determine if I’m using a runtime version or a full developer version of Access?

Any guidance on how to set the first form or troubleshoot these issues would be greatly appreciated. I’m struggling to figure this out, especially after accidentally deleting a linking field between two tables. Now I’m encountering error messages asking for missing text fields, and it’s hard to identify which fields need attention.

Thanks so much for your help!

Regards
Darshan Hiranandani

maybe what you have just opened is the Back end database and not the Front end.
on the other case, if you opened the Runtime Front End, there is no way you will see any tables or forms, etc.
because runtime hides these.

Last edited:
Sounds like the BackEnd then.

If the file you are trying to update is an .ACCDR file as opposed to .ACCDB, "normal" Access will operate as though you were in a Runtime environment that cannot update the DB file. See also arnelgp's "on the other hand" comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom