Data does not save in form

LeonDixon

Local time
Today, 23:07
Hi,

When i enter data into my form and close the database down, when i open it up the data is not saving. It is saving the data in my table however not in my actual form.

I have read up on bound forms etc however if i was to create the database from scratch again how would i make sure that when i get to form to put data in that it will save?

I ahve also read about adding a 'Save' button to the form of which i can't seem to make work with the formulas i have been given. If this is a more simple way, does anybody know how to create the 'Save' button to work?

Thanks!

Hi,

When i enter data into my form and close the database down, when i open it up the data is not saving. It is saving the data in my table however not in my actual form.
Then the data is saved, then data is stored in tables, not in forms.
I think the forms property "Data Entry" is set to "Yes", change it to "No".
Open the form in design view and view the property sheet, choose the "Data" tab, then change the "Data Entry".

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that the data is saved into the table and when i have checked it has.

I have gone onto my form and selected 'Data Entry' to 'No' and this still does not seem to be working.

My main objective is to be able to view the data in my form in 'Form View' instead of clicking into my table to view it in that format.

A form is not designed to save data in itself. If you want to view the data in the form, then you must find the record you wish to view. You can do this by using the record navigation buttons at the bottom of your form, unless they are disabled; you can also use the search box right next to the navigation buttons.
Or, you could create a combo box in the header, for instance, and use the wizard to choose how and what data you see.

Mike

My main objective is to be able to view the data in my form in 'Form View' instead of clicking into my table to view it in that format.
Yes that is the purpose of a form!
Post your database with some sample data, zip it because you haven't post 10 post yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom