Designing a Small Cashbox POS System (1 Viewer)

Aimé KANZA

Local time
Today, 17:21
Hi all. This is the structure of my small POS. There are 4 users: salesmen and an administrator. My need is how to add payment, cashbox, bank account (only one), and expenditures to this structure. That will enable me to have an opening and closing balance, day book, cash book, and to grant some advantages to my customers according to the purchases.

Attachments

• Pos_123723.PNG
    Pos_123723.PNG
    36.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Do not use Date, it is a reserved word.
Use SalesDate etc

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 11:21
1. Tables with the same structures should not exist. Instead of individual tables for CUSTOMERS, USERS and SUPPLIERS you should put all of their information into just 1 table (PEOPLE) with the same structure called an additional field to denote if the typethey are customer, user or supplier. Same applies to Sales/PURCHASES and SALELINES/PURCHASELINES.

2. You don't store values you can calculate. QtyStock sounds like it is a field you can determine by adding up other fields, correct? Purchases - Sales.

Aimé KANZA

Local time
1. Tables with the same structures should not exist. Instead of individual tables for CUSTOMERS, USERS and SUPPLIERS you should put all of their information into just 1 table (PEOPLE) with the same structure called an additional field to denote if the typethey are customer, user or supplier. Same applies to Sales/PURCHASES and SALELINES/PURCHASELINES.

2. You don't store values you can calculate. QtyStock sounds like it is a field you can determine by adding up other fields, correct? Purchases - Sales.
Users are entreprise employees with différent roles. The are managed apart as are the Customers and the Suppliers. from a Supplier the entreprise can purchase 1 or many items. As for the quantity in stock, i use an update query that works without any problem. I don't winch method is the best. Nevertless

The entreprise has Users with different roles. The Suppliers and the Customers are managed apart. As are the Users. From a Supplier, the entreprise can purchase 1 or many items. I don't how i have to put all in the table. As for the quantity on Stock, i use update query that works without any problem. I don't know wich method is better. But above all this. My need is how to manage treasury (CASHBOX/BANK ACCOUNT) movements in my POS as i easily manage Items mouvements. Thank you.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
My need is how to manage treasury (CASHBOX/BANK ACCOUNT) movements in my POS
One thing you are going to need is product prices (cost and sale), then a way to manage discounts, write downs and returns. Plus shipping costs from suppliers since I presume you are paying them cash out of the till, otherwise you will need a purchase ledger.

you will probably need to also record the method of payment - cash, debit/credit card to know whether the transaction is to be posted to your cash account or bank account

You may also need to handle stock writeoffs

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Hi all. This is the structure of my small POS. There are 4 users: salesmen and an administrator. My need is how to add payment, cashbox, bank account (only one), and expenditures to this structure. That will enable me to have an opening and closing balance, day book, cash book, and to grant some advantages to my customers according to the purchases.
Perhaps review some YouTube videos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom