Solved Display OLE Ink Object in Report (1 Viewer)

Juett

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:48
Hi everyone,

I have managed to capture a signature in a form using the Microsoft InkPicture Active X control, and store that signature as an OLE field in a table. I can then also recall that OLE object in the form when cycling through the records. Each form record displays the corresponding stored OLE field as the correct captured signature.

Capturing and saving the signature:
TblSignature has an OLE field called Signature.
TBLForm has the Signature field and two Microsoft InkPicture Controls called SigPic and SigSign.

Code:
Me.Signature = Me.SigSign.Object.Ink.Save()
Me.Dirty = False

Call LoadSignature

Recalling the saved signature in the form:

Code:
Private Sub LoadSignature()

Dim newInk As New InkDisp

If IsNull(Me.Signature) Then
        Me.sigpic.Ink.DeleteStrokes   
        Me.sigpic.AutoRedraw = True 

Else
        newInk.Load (Me.Signature)
        Me.sigpic.Ink.DeleteStrokes
        Set sigpic.Ink = newInk

End If

End Sub

What I'd like to do now is load and view/print a report that displays this stored signature...but...after trying various methods, I cannot get the saved OLE field to display the captured signature on the Report like I can the form.

Does anyone know how to do this?

P.S. I know saving the captured ink as an actual image and linking to the image file path could be a workaround for this, but I do not want to do this on this occasion. I'm interested if the above can actually be accomplished without having to save image files of the signatures.

Thanks very much.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:48
What I'd like to do now is load and view/print a report that displays this stored signature...but...after trying various methods, I cannot get the saved OLE field to display the captured signature on the Report like I can the form.
Have you tried using a bound OLE Object control?

Juett

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:48
arnelgp's suggestion to save it as an attachment seems to have worked. Thanks very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom