DoubleClick to Open Data Entry Form (1 Viewer)

JordanTaylor

Local time
Yesterday, 23:16
Hello all. It's been a hot minute (decade and a half) since I last had to make an Access Database, so there's a few things I'm forgetting. Also at a new place of employment and don't have access to my older DBs to take any queues from them. So here's my issue:

I'm making an activity log that will track status of certain projects by the personnel involved, the Parts involved, open status, etc. I have a Combo Box being used for the Employee name, and I want to limit it to to a list based on another Table with the Employee information in it. If the Employee name isn't in that table yet, I want to double-click the field to open the Data Entry form, and enter the new name, and when I close that form, it will refresh and allow me to select that name from the ComboBox. Problem is, I keep getting Syntax errors on the Event Procedure Page.

This is what I have for Code currently:

Private Sub Combo26_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)

DoCmd.OpenForm(FRM_Employee_Info,[acNormal],,,[acFormAdd],[acWindowNormal],)

I've been trying to follow the automated tooltip that comes up as I type in the code, but no matter if I use Quotes/Parenthesis/brackets or not, I keep getting Syntax errors. I remember when working with my older DBs, I could copy out code from another section and modify it accordingly with the correct form names and it worked flawlessly, but like I said, I don't have access to my older DBs to be able to borrow that code. I do remember there was some other options like some kind of Error options, but at the moment, I haven't the foggiest what those would be.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 02:16
The name of the form gets passed as a string. It need quotes "frm_Employee". The arguments do not use []
Check with MS for examples.

JordanTaylor

Local time
New Line looks like this and still gives me Syntax Error:

DoCmd.OpenForm"FRM_Employee_Info",acNormal,,,acFormAdd,acWindowNormal,

MajP

Local time
Make sure to copy and paste. If it really looks like that you have a comma at the end.

MajP

Local time
Also acNormal and acWindowNormal are defaults and you do not need to pass those.

JordanTaylor

Local time
The Tooltip shows Commas. Am I supposed to be using Periods?

JordanTaylor

Local time
Ok, so I didn't need to follow all the comma seperated arguements... This was all I needed:

DoCmd.OpenForm "FRM_Employee_Info"

Thanks MS for making things more difficult than necessary!

And Thank you for the assistance!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It might be easier for you if you just used the built in method - the NotInList event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom