Editing previously submitted form to make another record ??

Lejano08

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:48
Hello. I have a simple database used for entering requests to use company vehicles. User enters the day they want the vehicle, what time they expect to leave, return, where they are going, etc.
Sometimes, a user may have to use a vehicle for more than one day in a week.
I want them to be able to type in their request, click submit, edit the date and click submit again, without the database overwriting the first request.

Example: Employee is going to memphis and returning same-day on both 9/17 and 9/19. They fill out the form and click submit. The information they just typed remains in the fields on the forms. I want the user to be able to erase 9/17, type 9/19, and click submit - this should reflect a whole new record.
Currently, if a user does this, it overwrites the 9/17 record. Is there an if statement or something that I could put in the save button coding to make it possible to save the edit as a new record?

(I would not want to say user is leaving on 9/17 and returning on 9/19, because that makes the vehicle unavailable for someone who would need the car on 9/18.)

I think what you want to do is copy all of the values on the form that was just entered to a new record so that it can be added with a different date. I believe this web page tells you how to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom