Email Provider (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:29
I'm looking for a provider that hosts PAID email accounts. I'm not looking for "free" stuff. Any experience with any providers?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 19:29
My bosses use tsohosts.com
The get multiple domains and pretty much unlimited emai addressses as a reseller account, all for what I think is a damn good price. Support is very good as well.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks but that domain name seems to be for sale. I tried .net but that doesn't work either.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:29
I'm looking for a provider that hosts PAID email accounts.
I think you need to provide more information to get sensible answers.
Do you want to use your own domain name, or are you happy with the domain name of the provider?
If you want to use your own domain, is it already hosted elsewhere and should stay there, or would it be solely handled by the email provider?
Are you looking for plain email (SMTP, POP3, maybe IMAP), or do you need extended services like an address book and calendar?
If you'd like extended services, the obvious choice would be Microsoft Exchange, but there are alternatives available. Offline synchronization to mobile devices could be an important factor to consider for this choice.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This is a personal account. I will not be doing mass mailings. I would like to create alias' to use for the times when I don't want to use my real email account. I don't have the resources to run my own exchange server so it has to be hosted by the provider. I don't care what the technology is as long as it is secure and I can access it via Outlook since I hate web pages. I don't care whether I have my own domain or not. I don't do computing on my phone, even email. If I have to access my email from my phone, I'll use a web browser. Since I will almost certainly be accessing the account via Outlook I will have a calendar and an address book.

Most of the email providers concentrate on bulk mailing and are priced accordingly. If I sent 100 emails a month, that would be a lot.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
tsohost seems to be a web host. I don't really need a domain or hosting. That is just increasing the cost and includes things I won't use.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:29
Your requirements are very low key. Basically every email provider, be it free or paid, should be suitable.
I've got a free email account (paid also available) with German provider GMX for many years for the very same purpose. However, I'm not sure if they would be suitable for you, as they are very German centric and I couldn't even find an option to switch their UI to English.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
tsohost seems to be a web host. I don't really need a domain or hosting. That is just increasing the cost and includes things I won't use.
TBH, I would have thought you would need a domain name anyway. Even if just the name.?, so you have something to send with?
The domain of my bosses firm is held on their web developer's server, but all our mail is controlled by us, well me, with TSO.

I have a domain name bibby-gazette.co.uk
My bosses have kindly given me space on their account to host it, but if space was not required, then I could use TSO email instead?
As it happens the links on that site just go to my personal email, but I could create email addresses if I wanted to have that domain name in the email address?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I did find a UK provider for $12 per year with 5 emails but so far no US companies.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Try one with security and privacy in mind:

undeprecated

Local time
Try Zoho, Google Workspace, MS Exchange. I use Zoho and sold/manage Google Workspace emails for some clients.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No Google products for me ever!!! YOU are the product when you use Google products for "free". I'll look at the others, thanks.

undeprecated

Local time
Google Workspace is a paid product, but I do hear you when it comes to google... I hate their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom