Engineering Miracle

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 11:23
Got this from a colleague.
It's the World 's First Advance Floating Gas Refinery.
Pretty impressive I would say.

Attachments

• Engineering Miracle-33.JPG
    Engineering Miracle-33.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 559
Here's another pic of the floating refinery.

Attachments

• Engineering Miracle-368.JPG
    Engineering Miracle-368.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 527
Is it a floating refinery, or a heavy lift ship hauling a section somewhere?
What would be the advantage of a floating refinery? Where do you get the raw product, and even more important, where do you store the fisinshed product? I also assume it takes a lot of energy to refine "stuff", you would have to turn over a lot of the refinery space to power generation. Just doesn't make sense, but what do I know.

When I went to Chevron Cabinda Gulf off the coast of Angola they took us off shore to various platforms but also a natural gas ship which was connected to a pipeline. It must have been a mile long. They had pipes frozen with liquefied gas.

FoFa said:
What would be the advantage of a floating refinery? Where do you get the raw product, and even more important, where do you store the fisinshed product? I also assume it takes a lot of energy to refine "stuff", you would have to turn over a lot of the refinery space to power generation. Just doesn't make sense, but what do I know.
I think he is talking about natural gas rather than gas petrol.

FoFa said:

It’s an LNG process plant, taken onboard of the Dockwise transport vessel and shipped from Spain to Norway. This massive structure represents a crucial component of Europe's first export facility for liquefied natural gas (LNG). This NLG plant was commissioned onshore, but was constructed partwise in various manufacturing plants in Europe. The main plant was assembled in Spain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom