Error 3061 Too few parameters expected 2. (1 Viewer)

SJB67

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:12
Dear All,

I hope you can help. I have been working round this problem for 2 days...

I am running the following query directly from the code:

Public Sub Test()
Dim dbs As DAO.Database
Dim MyRs As DAO.Recordset
Dim MyRsFilter As DAO.Recordset
Dim strsql As String

strsql = "SELECT Sum([quantity]*[rrp]*(1-[Salelinedisc])*(1+[vatrate])) AS Gross, Last(tblSalesHeader.CustomerID) AS LastOfCustomerID, " _
& "Last(tblSalesHeader.SalesInvDate) AS LastOfSalesInvDate, Last(tblSalesHeader.PymtMethod) AS LastOfPymtMethod, " _
& "Last(tblSalesHeader.CustomerFullName) AS LastOfCustomerFullName, tblSalesLines.SalesHeaderID, Last(tblSalesHeader.SalesInvRef) AS LastOfSalesInvRef, " _
& "Last(tblSalesHeader.TransType) AS LastOfTransType, Last(IIf([transtype]='R','Credit Note','Invoice')) AS DocDesc " _
& "FROM tblSalesHeader LEFT JOIN tblSalesLines ON tblSalesHeader.SalesInvNo = tblSalesLines.SalesHeaderID " _
& "GROUP BY tblSalesLines.SalesHeaderID;"

Set dbs = CurrentDb
Set MyRs = dbs.OpenRecordset(strsql)

With MyRs
Debug.Print strsql
.Filter = "[CustomerID]= 718"
Set MyRsFilter = MyRs.OpenRecordset
Debug.Print .RecordCount

.Close

End With
Set MyRsFilter = Nothing
Set MyRs = Nothing
Set dbs = Nothing

End Sub

If I remove the filter the query returns the correct number of records. When I apply it I get the above error message. I have tried numerous syntax with no success.

the filter on [CustomerID] should return 2 records (tested in independent query).

Any suggestions please?
:banghead:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:12
on your first Aggregate query your [CustomerID] there is renamed as LastOfCustomerID, so you must filter to this field:

.With MyRs
Debug.Print strsql
.Filter = "[LastOfCustomerID]= 718"
Set MyRsFilter = MyRs.OpenRecordset
Debug.Print .RecordCount

.Close

End With

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 13:12
Take great care using the SQL function Last. That function does not always do what you'd expect, see the docs. Max and Min are much more reliable.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:12
I agree with spike --beware of First and Last functions. Better , especially if you are working with Dates, to use Min and Max.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 04:12
Also, it will be much faster to open the exact recordset you need, rather than open a bigger recordset and filter it. Put a WHERE clause in your SQL.

Perhaps a better strategy to get at the last record in a particular sort order, is reverse sort and select the first record, like . . .
SELECT TOP 1 *
FROM Table1
WHERE Year([Date]) >= 2013
ORDER BY [Date] Desc;
See how that returns all the fields from the last record, by date, in 2013?

SJB67

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:12
Many thanks all. I am working through removing 'last' where possible.

Parameters error now gone but now filter doesn't work at all. I am now working on this but may come back with new thread is unsuccessful!

I agree with comment about where, but am trying to get simple version of query working first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom