export to xml not working (1 Viewer)

JoanneJames

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:30
:confused: I am trying to create an xml file from a query. I ran the query then selected Export - xml file (using Access 2010). The query generates 637 recs having 9 columns. While it takes about a minute to process, I am only getting the following in my xml file that gets created:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<dataroot xmlns:eek:d="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:fficedata" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="qryOPPCPtAllergyInfoSeg.xsd" generated="2011-02-15T12:40:47" />

The xsd file gets generated just fine.

I have spent hours trying to find something on the internet about this and get nothing. I WAS able to export results into Excel and create xml file from there, but prefer to generate directly from Access. Anyone have any ideas??

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:30
Look at "DemoQrytoXMLA2000.mdb" (attachment, zip).
Look at Table3, Query1, Form1.
Open Form1 and try.

Attachments

• DemoQryToXMLA2000.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 260

JoanneJames

Registered User.
Local time
Appreciate your response. I sent a recent post on this - and see it isn't appearing, so here I go again: I had tried this previously -written up a function using this method and it still doesn't work.

JoanneJames

Registered User.
Local time
Just to report on this: my query was accessing linked Progress tables and I thought that it might be where the bottleneck lie. So, I first created a query to move the data to a table - then did the export to xml from there. It then worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom